Sunday, June 20, 2010

big day

i just realized it has almost been 10 days since we last posted. today is a special day for us. father's day and our 1st anniversary all packed into the same day this year! tracee and i had a wonderful chance to just relax and sort of unwind from all we have been dealing with. after all, gavin will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. he truly is a miracle and we can't lose sight of that. we still have to be faithful and remember to faithfully pray for gavin's lungs. they are bad. i mean, i guess it really gets put in perspective when they categorize his lungs as some of the worst lungs they have ever seen in the NICU. even though he has been moving in the right direction we have to remember that we still have a long way to go. he has been regressing a bit on CPAP and his oxygen requirements have been going up. i guess it's human nature to sort of ease up and relax and get to a point where you become content in your settings and adapt to your surroundings. but...we can't let up - we still have another 5-6 weeks to go and there is a lot of improvements that gavin needs to make before we can bring him home. it aches after time. we see babies come and go and while there is so much to celebrate there is so much for us to continue to ask for from our loving Heavenly Father on this very special father's day. pray for spiritual strength and tenacity to keep the faith and to remain in prayer and in the Word - that we may continue to learn from God during this time.
tracee and i had a wonderful time of celebration at dinner tonight for our multiple occasion celebration. she looked amazing and i am so thankful for her. she is the most amazing mom - i can't wait until she can display her skills full time! i am especially grateful to be a father and the wonderful life-long responsibility that comes with that. i have a son and that puts a huge smile on my face. a very happy father's day to all of you father's out there who read our blog - your position in the home and in your kids lives' is invaluable and integral to the family unit!
thank you thank you thank you to all who continue to support us in anonymous and known ways. we really couldn't press on and do this without you. we are looking ahead to the fact that we now have to move in about 5 weeks. not looking forward to it one bit, not gonna lie. in fact, i get tired just thinking about having to pack boxes and move. please pray for our move and a place for us to live.  if any of you know of a home for rent (at a great price) or of someone who needs someone to occupy their home for some reason, please let us know as we are actively searching. we have some areas that we are looking to be within but, we trust God to provide and to show us the perfect place for us to end up. after all....this is all a part of His plan even though it's hard for us to process it all right now!
just a thought: if it is ever hard for you to think about praying for us or to understand what we may be going through just imagine what it would be like to be without your child for a couple of days. how about a week? how about 2 weeks? how about a month? how about 2 months? how about 11 weeks? how about 16 weeks? when it is all said and done, barring a true miracle of complete healing, we will have gone without our child for 4 months. that's crazy pespective guys. that's crazy perspective for me and i'm going through it!!!
so please lift us up in prayer...we need it.

jeramy

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and Happy Fathers Day!!! I remember your beautiful wedding and your vows to one another. You are living them out and I am so proud of both of you! I am so glad you were able to celebrate 2 1st occasions on the same day, so special!!

    You are still in our daily prayers. Moving is painful,yes, but I know God has a perfect home for your family!! I pray the move is quick and painless for both of you.

    If you can get away, remember JJ Heller has a FREE Concert at North Ridge Community Church on July 2 at 7p! I am sure she would love to know that your song has walked you through so much~

    Big Hugs to ALL of you!!
    Andy & Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understnd it, although I have not done this as long as you guys have. My kids and hubby were in a car accident in Feb. Although my hubby was home within one day, my two older boys were in the hospital for 2 days. And my daughter, 8 days. All I could think about each night was that I wanted my baby home. I couldn't really rest or feel happy until she was better and home with us. You guys are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I hope that next father's day will be even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracee! Not sure if you remember me or not but I played softball and North Phoenix and went to Grace with you and Aimee many years ago...anyways I've been following your blog for sometime now and have been praying for you guys. So glad to hear Gavin's continuing to do well and grow!

    I also wanted to let you know that some very good friends of mine have a great rental house that they are looking to fill. They're a really great Christian couple, and the house is at about I-17 and Happy Valley, 3 BR 2 BA. I'm not sure how much they're renting it for but if you still need a place to live you can email me at lisajoadams@yahoo.com and I can put you in touch with them.

    Will be continuing to keep you in my prayers and look forward to your updates on Gavin!

    Lisa Adams

    ReplyDelete